TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- Sgwrs Cymraeg, Welsh Language Discussion Group: The December meeting has been cancelled. The next meeting will be Sunday, January 14 at 2:00 pm at 8844 Stevens Ave. S., Bloomington, MN. All levels are welcome. We do some conversation, some drills (suitable for beginning levels), and some reading / translation.
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, February 3 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to talk about The Long Dry by Cynan Jones. See more details and the list of books for discussion through August 2018 on the What's On page. Come even if you haven't read the book.
- St. David's Day Banquet: Saturday, March 3 from 11:30 am to 3:00pm at the Radisson Hotel in Roseville. We will be celebrating the work of Dilys Elwyn-Edwards, a Welsh composer who was born one hundred years ago. Singers from Sonomento, the Twin-Cities-based choir, will perform. They are traveling to Wales in the summer to compete in the 2018 International Eisteddfod.
Local Events of Interest
- Community Sing: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – 7pm, Buetow Music Center, Concordia University, 300 Hamline Avenue, St. Paul. Paul Mealor, Welsh composer, will lead an upcoming community sing event on Tuesday, January 30th, open to anyone! The event will be led by Paul Mealor himself and include several of his own works. Paul is one of the world's most in demand choral musicians and is most famous for composing the music for the Royal Wedding for William and Kate.
- PopUP Choir Concert: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 7:30pm, Our Lady of Victory Chapel, St. Catherine University, St. Paul. Paul Mealor conducts: Where Shadows Are: Finding Light in Darkness (accompanied by Tim Strand)
Visit the What's On? page for more details of all these events.