TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- Sgwrs Cymraeg, Welsh Language Discussion Group. The next meeting will be at the farm on Sunday, July 23, at 1:30 pm. The address is 10775 166th St., Cologne, MN 55322. Bring a snack, salad, or dessert to share. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Pub Gathering: Our next gathering will be on Sunday, July 30, from 3 - 6pm (check back soon) at Merlin's Rest Pub at 3601 E. Lake Street in Minneaplis. Join us in meeting up with new and long-time friends with Welsh interests and Celtic connections (along with a pint, a glass of wine and/or some good food).
- Welsh Hymn (in English): On July 30, in the 10:30 am service, Shannon King's English lyrics for "Blodwen" will be featured at Plymouth Congregational Church. Shannon wrote the poem/hymn for a contest held during the Eisteddfod a few years ago. The piece will be sung by the Plymouth Church choir conducted by Philip Brunelle. The church is at 1900 Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis.
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, August 5 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to discuss Everything I Found on the Beach by Cynan Jones and choose the books for upcoming discussions in October 2017 - August 2018.
- St. David's Society Table at the Irish Fair: We will have a table in the community tent at the Irish Fair in St. Paul on August 12-13. We need meeters and greeters to inform people about our Society and invite them to become members. See the What's On page to find out how to volunteer.
Recital by Jeremy Huw Williams, Welsh baritone and Paula Fan, piano: The Society is excited to welcome this Welsh opera singer of international repute to the Twin Cities. Be sure to put this on your calendar: Monday, October 30 at 6 PM at the University of Minnesota School of Music, West Bank Campus. Free admission.
Visit the What's On? page for more details.