TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, by Dylan Thomas. Music by Cerys Matthews and Mason Neely. Saturday, July 13, at 4:30 pm and Monday, July 15 at 7:30 pm at Theater Latte Da, 345 - 13th Ave. NE, Minneapolis. "Working from Dylan Thomas' beloved story of boyhood Christmases, Welsh winters, and singer/songwriter Cerys Matthews' lush orchestral score, Theater Latte Da creates a rollicking celebration of holiday memories."
- Welsh Conversation: Sunday, July 14, 2 pm, at 8844 Stevens Ave. S., Bloomington, MN. Direct questions to email@example.com.
- Picnic and Annual Meeting: Saturday, July 27, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm at Rosebrook Park, 2590 Fry St., Roseville. Bring a dish and a family recipe to share. We will hear about the traditional foods of Wales and share some family recipes (they do not have to be from Wales.) Society members will also vote on the roster of board members for the next year. If you are interested in being a board member, please contact Janice Barbee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, August 3 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to discuss Remember No More...Bad Blood Runs in Families: A DS Kite Mystery, by Jan Newton. You do not have to have read the book to attend.
- North American Festival of Wales: August 29 - September 2 in Milwaukee, WI. Register online by visiting http://nafow.org. Call the Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel at 414-271-7250 to get the NAFOW rate of $125/night. You do not have to pay anything now to make a reservation -- just provide your credit card number. For more information on the train to Milwaukee, go to the What's On page.
Visit the What's On? page for more details of all these events.