TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
Here's another recent quiz from North Wales Live:
And another from Free Pub Quiz:
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
Links to Enjoy
Just click on the title:
- Poem, Solace, by Welsh poet Dafydd Davies-Hughes with video
- We'll Meet Again for VE Day with Katherine Jenkins
- Sir Bryn Terfel and BBC Now -- Welsh Heroes Day
Short Story Saturday Selections
Read at your leisure:
4 April - Cornwall - "Flowers" by E. Timpany
11 April - Wales - "The Invisible" by J. Lloyd
18 April - Ireland - "First Confession" by F. O'Connor & "The Piano Teacher's Pupil" by W. Trevor
25 April - Scotland - "The Ministry of Whiskey" by V. McDermid & "My Daughter, the Fox" by J. Kay
2 May - Isle of Man - Fairy Tales
9 May - Wales - Fairy and Folk Tales
16 May - Wales - "Scream, Scream" by G. Beagan & "Jenny Brown's Point" by G. Mort
23 May - Ireland - "Color & Light" by S. Rooney
23 May - Ireland - "Even If You Beat Me" by S. Rooney
30 May - Wales - "The Dig" by C. Jones
- Click here for April newsletter
- NEW - Short Story Saturdays! Every Saturday beginning at 11:45 am via Zoom during this social distancing period. We'll meet using Zoom over lunch, each in our own homes, and listen to and discuss a short story and/or a few poems related to Wales and other Celtic countries. Ilene has emailed out the link to the Zoom session to Society members, but if you missed it, contact Janice (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sgwrs Cymraeg, Welsh Conversation, Conversation facilitator: Laurel Bradshaw, email@example.com. The group started meeting over Zoom on 3/22 due to contagion concerns. Contact Laurel for future meet-ups.
Depending on where we are with social distancing:
- Well-Read Dragons Book Group, Saturday, June 20, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm at St. Anthony Park Lutheran Church, 2323 Como Ave., St. Paul. Note different location than usual. We'll talk about Flame in the Mountains, Williams Pantycelyn, Ann Griffith and the Welsh Hymns, H.A. Hodges, ed. E. Wyn James. Contact Mary Mergenthal (firstname.lastname@example.org) about lunch plans at this spot.
- Annual Picnic and Society Annual Meeting, Saturday, July 25, 11:45 - 2:30 pm at Rosebrook Park, 2590 Fry St., Roseville, MN. Potluck with a program TBD. We will also vote on the roster of board directors. Please consider filling one of the seven terms that expire in July. If you would like to be our treasurer (Sally will be leaving that position in July) or become a board member, please contact Janice at email@example.com.
Visit the What's On? page for more details of all these events.