TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, June 1 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to discuss The Rice Paper Diaries, by Francesca Rhydderch.
- Welsh conversation: Sunday, June 9, 2 pm, 2393 Bourne Ave., St. Paul. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Welsh Movie Night: Monday, June 17, 6:30 pm at Brooklyn Park Library, 8500 West Broadway Ave., Brooklyn Park, MN. Come any time after 6:00 -- the movie will start at 6:30. You may bring your own food and beverage. There is ample parking in front of the library. We will see Proud Valley (1940), starring Paul Robeson. In a Welsh coal mining valley, a young man with a beautiful singing voice is called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice when a pit disaster threatens.
- Picnic and Annual Meeting: Saturday, July 27, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm at Rosebrook Park, 2590 Fry St., Roseville. Bring a dish and a family recipe to share. We will hear about the traditional foods of Wales and share some family recipes (they do not have to be from Wales.) Society members will also vote on the roster of board members for the next year. If you are interested in being a board member, please contact Janice Barbee at email@example.com.
- North American Festival of Wales: August 29 - September 2 in Milwaukee, WI. Register online by visiting http://nafow.org. Call the Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel at 414-271-7250 to get the NAFOW rate of $125/night. You do not have to pay anything now to make a reservation -- just provide your credit card number. For more information on the train to Milwaukee, go to the What's On page.
Visit the What's On? page for more details of all these events.