TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- Welsh Language and Conversation: Sunday, October 14 at 2:00pm at 8844 Stevens Ave. S., Bloomington, MN. Direct questions to email@example.com.
- Gruff Rhys at the Cedar Cultural Center: Tuesday, October 16, 7:30pm. (Not a SDS event, but members might be interested). Gruff Rhys is a Welsh musician, composer, producer, filmmaker and author. He performs solo and with several bands, including Super Furry Animals, who obtained mainstream success in the 1990s.
- Pub Gathering: Sunday, October 21, from 4:00 - 6:00 pm at Merlin's Rest Pub at 3601 E. Lake Street in Minneapolis. Join us in meeting up with new and long-time friends with Welsh interests and Celtic connections (along with a pint, a glass of wine and/or some good food).
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, December 1 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to discuss the book Dark Territory by Jerry Hunter. See a description of the book and a list of future books for discussion by visiting the "What's On" page.
- Holiday Tea: Saturday, December 8, from 2:00 - 4:00 pm at University Lutheran Church of Hope, 601-13th Ave. SE, Minneapolis. We will have readings and musical performances, the singing of carols together, story-telling, and, of course, lots of delicious treats.
Visit the What's On? page for more details of all these events.